The following groups are free, and open to any adult who could benefit from the support and education they provide.
- Meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
- For bereaved parents who have lost a child of any age.
- Meeting location: 817 N 8th St., Sheboygan WI (Open Door program location) Click here for a map.
Suicide Loss Support Group
- Meets the last Monday of the month at 7pm
- For anyone who has lost a loved one to suicide. (Recommend 16 years of age and older.)
- Meeting location: 915 N. 7th STreet, Sheboygan WI (MHA House location)
- Click here for the flyer.
Health and Hope Support Group
- For adults who have been formally diagnosed with a depressive disorder
- Meets once a week for six weeks at various times throughout the year - please call us to be put on our wait list.
- Participants must be receiving professional care and have approval from that provider in order to participate.
- The group is facilitated by a volunteer mental health professional.
Honest, Open, & Proud - To Eliminate the Stigma of Mental Illness
Honest, Open, Proud: To Eliminate the Stigma of Mental Illness is a workbook for small group discussion or personal use. It helps you to look at the story you have been telling yourself, discern helpful and hurtful self-attitudes, and analyze the pros and cons of disclosing in different settings to different people. Lastly, it guides you to draft your own story into a format that discloses not only the pain of mental health challenges but also the internal and external resources you discovered and use to live your life in the way you choose. Contact MHA Sheboygan at 920-458-3951 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist as HOP trainings are offered periodically throughout the year.
For additional information about these support groups as well as other groups that meet in Sheboygan County, contact Mental Health America.