Mental Health Screenings
If you are in need of a free, face-to-face mental health screening, please contact the friendly staff at MHA via email or by phone (920-458-3951). While every May we provide a free screening week in collaboration with local therapists, we recognize that folks may need access to screenings all year long. If you connect with us, we can share with you names of local therapists willing to do a free screening, outside of free screening week in May.
You can also use our confidential online free screening too here.
Remember, treatment and recovery are possible!
Warning signs of mental illness can include:
- Prolonged sadness or irritability
- Excessive fears, worries, and anxiety
- Feelings of extreme highs and lows
- Difficulty concentrating
- Social withdrawal
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Delusions or hallucinations
- Suicidal thoughts or ideations
- Substance abuse
For children and teens, warnings signs can also include:
- Changes in school performance
- Persistent nightmares
- Persistent disobedience or aggression
- Intense fears
- Frequent outbursts of anger
- Excessive worry or anxiety