Employment Opportunity - Join our team!
Mental Health America in Sheboygan County is a nonprofit mental health resource center providing services in prevention, education, access, recovery and support for good mental health.
Position: Mental Health Resource Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Supervisor: Executive Director
Schedule: 8am-3pm, Monday thru Thursday (Part-time at 28 hours per week); Some weekends and evenings as needed, but not often.
Salary: $13.50/ hour
Benefits: Paid Vacation & Health Leave
No medical or dental insurance at this time
Joining the exciting, encouraging, and supportive MHA team!
Locations(s): Office Site at 915 N. 7th Street, Sheboygan WI 53081
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The Mental Health Resource Specialist is intended to support and strengthen the current programming of Mental Health America in Sheboygan County. Responsibilities include determining the most appropriate initial course of action given a caller’s needs and the available resources within the community. The Resource Specialist provides accurate information, education, support, and referrals in a non-judgmental, compassionate, and respectful manner. The Resource Specialist must be able to build rapport with callers, elicit relevant information, effectively communicate via phone, gather and record data, accurately assess callers’ needs and appropriately motivate callers to follow through with referrals. This position also provides support administratively to the executive director and other program staff to support the high quality implementation of MHA’s services. This position is the welcoming face folks see and hear first when connecting with MHA.
1. Support callers or walk-ins who are in need of information, referrals, and resources regarding mental health services and/or community resources.
2. Establish rapport with clients in a non-judgmental and empathetic way.
3. Appropriately motivate and support clients to follow through with next steps.
4. Work cooperatively with all MHA staff and assist with other projects as necessary.
5. Conduct periodic follow-up evaluations.
6. Assist in maintenance and updating of databases (donor database, volunteer database) as well as maintains files that are current and accurate for the purpose of providing information and referrals to the public.
7. Assist in supporting MHA’s goal of increasing access to care, through the assistance of managing and updating the web based and print versions of our Directory of Community Resources & the online mental health professional database support.
8. Support MHA’s Volunteer outreach efforts and volunteer database.
9. Represent MHA on local committee(s) that address mental health issues when directed.
10. Expand his/her knowledge of mental health issues through participation in workshops and teleconferences, reading, and similar activities.
11. Support the growth and development of the expansion of the Education program.
*** The duties listed above describe the primary functions of the position but are not to be considered a detailed description of every responsibility associated with the position. The executive director and board may assign additional duties as needed. ***
• Knowledge base of community resources
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, health education, related field, or formal yoga training or meditation certification preferred
• Experience working with clients, customers, etc.
• Public speaking experience
• Familiarity with computer programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience with database and website management a plus.
• Reliable & work history shows dependability & limited absenteeism
• Empathetic & non-judgmental
• Willingness to think outside the box and try new things
• Positive self & worldview, humble, and helpful attitude
• Team player
• Excellent written & verbal skills
• Ability to adapt; relentless and versatile learner open to change
• Access to reliable transportation
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Time management skills efficient and effective
*If interested, please direct any questions to Kate Baer, Executive Director at:
(920) 458-3951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a cover letter and resume to MHA c/o Kate Baer no later than June 19th, 2017
U.S. Postal Service Mail Delivery or In-Person
MHA c/o Kate Baer
915 N. 7th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081
A United Way affiliated agency